Containing natural herbs, fruits, and oils, the eleven active ingredients in Basix’s Skin Defence Cream, have been chosen for their anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-aging, and anti-allergy properties which target extremely dry, flaky and itchy skin.
“I am so excited to bring this incredible product to Ireland and Europe”, said Owner and Managing Director Russell Smith. “African tribal doctors have used the fruit of the African Sausage Tree for hundreds of years to relieve a myriad of different ailments, so it made sense to add this ingredient to the cream.”
Scientists have recently discovered Kigelia Africana, the sausage-shaped fruit from the African Sausage Tree contains sitosterol and stigmasterol – natural plant steroids, useful for treating skin complaints such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
All the ingredients work together to offer a deep moisturising, targeted skin repair. This is an effective natural alternative to prescription creams, something many customers are seeking.
Basix also includes:
• Kakadu Plum, packed full of vitamin C, an effective antioxidant helps repair damaged skin.
• Lemon, a powerful antioxidant contains citric acid which helps shed dead skin cells, useful for psoriasis sufferers
• Ginger provides soothing relief while eliminating bacteria, especially Staphylococcus Aureus that flourishes in dry itchy rashes. Scratching adds more bacteria from under the fingernails and Ginger is an effective barrier to this.
• Aloe Vera is well known for its soothing anti-itch properties.
• Rosemary is a powerful anti-bacterial and combats skin inflammation.
• Rosehip is full of fatty acids and vital vitamins required for skin regeneration.
• Rose flower fights bacteria, reduces redness, and soothes irritations.
• Vitamin E, full of soothing properties, is high in antioxidants, reduces the appearance of aging and wrinkles.
• Green Tea & Rooibos Tea are both high in antioxidants, fighting free radicals that break down skin proteins, collagen, and elastin, causing loose skin and wrinkles.